Financial Wellness Workshops
Financial Wellness @ Penn Presents...
For the Fall 2020 semester, Financial Wellness @ Penn is running three unique event series for students: Financial Fridays, First-Year Finances, and Loan Repayment 101. View the schedule below.
- Friday, September 25, 12pm-1pm – Grocery Shopping on a Budget (View Recording)
- Friday, October 30, 12pm-1pm – Planning for Irregular Expenses
- Friday, November 20, 12pm-1pm – Costs of Moving Off-Campus
- Tuesday, September 15, 5pm-6pm – Embracing Financial Freedom (View Slides)
- Tuesday, October 13, 5pm-6pm – Navigating Social Spending Pressures
- Tuesday, November 10, 5pm-6pm – Building Credit 101
Loan Repayment 101:
- Wednesday, September 9, 12pm-1pm – Income Driven Plans and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (View Recording)
- Thursday, September 17, 12pm-1pm – Strategies for Health Professions Graduates (View Recording)
- Wednesday, October 14, 12pm-1pm – Married Borrowers and Repayment (View Recording)
- Wednesday, November 11, 12pm-1pm – Repayment Calculators
- Wednesday, December 9, 12pm-1pm – Federal Consolidation and Refinancing with Private Lenders
Financial Wellness @ Penn offers requestable workshops for campus offices and student groups, presented by our trained peer educator team. Each workshop will last approximately one hour, with 30-40 minutes of presentation and 20-30 minutes for Q&A.
Below are the workshops we offer.
We’ll discuss… Setting a financial goal, budgeting basics, understanding your relationship with debt, and investing options.
We’ll discuss… Where money beliefs come from, money personalities, understanding behavior change, and goal attainment strategies.
We’ll discuss… What budgeting is, how to build a budget, fixed vs. variable expenses, needs vs. wants, how to balance a budget, budget strategies, & implementation.
We’ll discuss… What credit is, why credit matters, credit scores, credit reports, how to start building credit, and how to manage credit.
We’ll discuss… Debt and emotions, responsible debt habits and why they matter, how to budget for debt, and debt repayment strategies.