Financial Wellness Workshops
Financial Wellness @ Penn Presents...
For the Fall 2021 semester, Financial Wellness @ Penn is running three unique event series for students, including our regular Financial Fridays series, a First-Year Finances series, and an Introduction to Investing series. View the schedule below.
- Friday, September 24, 12pm-1pm - Grocery Shopping on a Budget
- Friday, October 22, 12pm-1pm - Moving Off-Campus
- Friday, November 19, 12pm-1pm - Planning for Irregular Expenses
- Tuesday, September 14, 5pm-6pm - Embracing Financial Freedom
- Tuesday, October 5, 5pm-6pm - Introduction to College Budgeting
- Tuesday, November 9, 5pm-6pm - Building Credit 101
Introduction to Investing:
- Wednesday, September 22, 5pm-6pm - Investing Basics
- Thursday, September 30, 5pm-6pm - Intermediate Investing
- Wednesday, October 27, 5pm-6pm - Understanding Your Time Horizon
- Wednesday, December 1, 5pm-6pm - Purchasing Investment Assets Demo
To watch recordings of past workshops, you can visit our Workshop Archive.
Financial Wellness @ Penn offers requestable workshops for campus offices and student groups, presented by our trained peer educator team. Each workshop will last approximately one hour, with 30-45 minutes of presentation and 15-30 minutes for Q&A.
Below are the workshops we offer.
We’ll discuss… Setting a financial goal, budgeting basics, understanding your relationship with debt, and investing options.
We’ll discuss… Where money beliefs come from, money personalities, understanding behavior change, and goal attainment strategies.
We’ll discuss… What budgeting is, how to build a budget, fixed vs. variable expenses, needs vs. wants, how to balance a budget, budget strategies, & implementation.
We’ll discuss… What credit is, why credit matters, credit scores, credit reports, how to start building credit, and how to manage credit.
We’ll discuss… Debt and emotions, responsible debt habits and why they matter, how to budget for debt, and debt repayment strategies.
We'll discuss... Reasons to cook at home, how to stock your kitchen, creating a grocery budget, meal planning, and grocery shopping.