Financial Wellness Workshops
Financial Wellness @ Penn Presents...
For the Spring 2021 semester, Financial Wellness @ Penn is running two unique event series for students, including our regular Financial Fridays series and an investing series. View the schedule below.
- Friday, January 29, 12pm-1pm – How to Budget Your Student Account Refund
- Friday, February 26, 12pm-1pm – Taxes 101
- Friday, March 19, 12pm-1pm – Planning Your Summer Opportunity
- Friday, April 23, 12pm-1pm – How to Create a Debt Management Plan
- Wednesday, February 17, 5pm-6pm – How to Buy a House or Car
- Wednesday, March 24, 5pm-6pm – Purchasing Investment Products
- Wednesday, April 14, 5pm-6pm – Your Money on FIRE
To watch recordings of past workshops, you can visit our Workshop Archive.
Financial Wellness @ Penn offers requestable workshops for campus offices and student groups, presented by our trained peer educator team. Each workshop will last approximately one hour, with 30-40 minutes of presentation and 20-30 minutes for Q&A.
Below are the workshops we offer.
We’ll discuss… Setting a financial goal, budgeting basics, understanding your relationship with debt, and investing options.
We’ll discuss… Where money beliefs come from, money personalities, understanding behavior change, and goal attainment strategies.
We’ll discuss… What budgeting is, how to build a budget, fixed vs. variable expenses, needs vs. wants, how to balance a budget, budget strategies, & implementation.
We’ll discuss… What credit is, why credit matters, credit scores, credit reports, how to start building credit, and how to manage credit.
We’ll discuss… Debt and emotions, responsible debt habits and why they matter, how to budget for debt, and debt repayment strategies.