University Classroom and Facility Scheduling
The University of Pennsylvania infrastructure is comprised of hundreds of auditoriums and classrooms as well as a wide variety of performing arts facilities, multipurpose, and campus green spaces. Many of these facilities are available for use by Penn student groups, academic departments, University staff organizations, and non-University groups. The procedure for requesting a University classroom or facility depends on the type of event you are planning.
Course and academic-related events (classes, exams, review sessions) are reserved in Central Pool Classrooms through the Office of the University Registrar. Information on scheduling Central Pool Classrooms can be found here.
Seminar space may also be available in Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center and the Education Commons. All the teaching spaces in Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center are listed here. The Education Commons Seminar Room is described here.
Student-sponsored events, one-time special events (not course-related) such as conferences, receptions, luncheons, etc., and events sponsored by non-University groups are reserved through Perelman Quadrangle.
To request a classroom for a course-related event:
- Complete the online Reservation Form.
- Please be sure to fill in the information regarding the seating capacity, the required audio-visual equipment, and the room arrangement (seminar room, general classroom, or auditorium).
- If you have a building and/or room preference please complete the location preference section. You can use the Classroom Finder to search for rooms that may meet your event needs. Please note the Classroom Finder is a master listing of classrooms and does not indicate availability.
- Please allow 48 hours for staff to respond to your request.
To request a facility for student-sponsored activities, special events, and non-University sponsored events:
- Complete the online reservation form located on the Perelman Quadrangle website.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of your request within 48 hours. Please note if you are requesting classrooms used by academic courses during normal class meeting days and times, confirmation of your request may be delayed pending release of the room by the Office of the University Registrar.