Financial Aid Funds

Student Financial Services awards multiple fund types and sources to meet your demonstrated financial need.

At the undergraduate level, your award will likely include institutional funding such as Penn Grant or an endowed donor scholarship. In some cases, we include federal or state funding based on your financial need and eligibility. You may also receive a work-study award, which may come from federal or institutional funds. Students who choose to borrow can access federal and private loan options.

Graduate student awards may include institutional grant funding from your academic program, if available. Most graduate financial aid comes in the form of federal or private loans. Some programs may include work-study eligibility as well. For specific information about your graduate program’s aid policies, contact a representative from your school.

This section includes details on each type of aid.