VA Disclosures and Resources
SRFS Sidebar Menu
SRFS Below Traversable
Student Registration & Financial Services regularly highlights relevant and useful news from the Veterans Administration on this page.
IMPORTANT: The VA is implementing a monthly enrollment verification requirement for Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive a Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA). This requirement goes into effect for semesters starting on or after December 17, 2021. Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who do not verify their enrollment monthly will have their housing allowance withheld. The VA is providing students with the option to verify their enrollment monthly easily and securely via text message.
How to Verify Your Enrollment
The VA strongly encourages Post-9/11 GI Bill® students to verify their enrollment monthly via text. Please see the steps below:
- If you do not have (or are unsure if you have) a current cell phone number or e-mail address on file with the VA, you should call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to update your contact information in preparation for the Enrollment Verification Process.
- Let the ECC representative know you’d like to opt into text message verification when you call in. (Please note that text message verification is not available to students with international numbers.)
- After you’ve opted in, you will receive a monthly text message from the VA asking if you’ve remained in the same classes or training, as certified. You’ll have 6 days to respond to the text, after which you’ll receive a confirmation message. If you do not respond to the text within 6 days, you will have to call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to verify your enrollment for that month.
Please note the VA will NOT ask for your personal information, such as your social security number or bank account information, via text.
For more information on enrollment verification including how to sign up for and use text message verification, please go to: VA Enrollment Verification - Education and Training
- Undergraduate Cost of Attendance
- Graduate Cost of Attendance
- Program Accreditation
- Consumer Information
- Veteran Career Services
- Disability Services
- Financial Wellness
- Academic Support
- Undergraduate Catalog – Advising
- Veterans and Active Military - School of Liberal and Professional Studies
- Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic
- Veterans Upward Bound
- Department of Veterans Affairs
"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.