Enrollment and Degree Verification
The Office of the University Registrar provides enrollment and degree verification for current students and alumni of the University of Pennsylvania. There is no fee for this service except for express mail service if requested.
Information included in standard verification letters:
- Student's name of record
- Degree or program being pursued or conferred
- Program major(s)
- Dates of attendance
- Expected graduation date or degree conferral date
Please note: Requests for verifications of degree requirements fullfilment prior to graduation, internship or research project information, or clinical certifications must be made through an academic advisor or program coordinator. Contact information for academic department and programs can be found here.
Your request may be submitted by any of the following methods:
|Mail or In Person||
Attn: Enrollment/Degree Verification
Please include the following information with your request:
- Full name at the time you were enrolled at Penn
- Penn ID number, if known
- Date of birth
- School and program attended
- Dates of enrollment; if unknown, please provide approximate dates
- Recipient information including individual or institution name, email, mail, or fax number where you would like the document to be sent
- Personal contact information should we need to reach you regarding your request
Never provide your social security number.
Please allow five to seven business days to process your request. During peak times of the year, such as the start and end of a semester, please allow seven to ten business days to process your request. Requests directly from third parties including other academic institutions must be submitted by mail and must include an affidavit signed and dated by the student authorizing the release of the information.
Third Party Verification
Penn has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verification. Click here to place a request via the National Student Clearing House. Penn’s school code is 003378.