Grade Mode Change

Grade Mode Change Information

Undergraduate students have the option to change grade modes from a standard letter grade (A, B, C, D, F) to Pass/Fail on selected courses based on specific criteria. Below is an FAQ outlining the change grade mode practice at Penn.

Note: Please review policies on Pass/Fail grade changes as they pertain to your program. Links to specific undergraduate catalogs and academic policies can be found here.

Frequently Asked Questions