Request a Transcript
- Students can view the status of their degree conferral and grades on their Unofficial transcripts via Penn InTouch. Degree conferral can be seen under the Degree Awarded section.
- Degrees are conferred (posted) by schools and programs, please contact your school or program directly for questions concerning the timing of your degree conferral.
- Please note that electronic PDF transcripts send immediately after an order is completed via Penn InTouch. Electronic PDF transcripts are not held for grade posting or degree conferral.
- We strongly recommend not using Chrome when ordering transcripts in Penn InTouch. Some Chrome browser users have been experiencing issues ordering official electronic PDF transcripts via Penn InTouch while using the latest version of Chrome. While our electronic PDF transcript vendor is working on this issue, we suggest using Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
- You can order an electronic transcript to be sent to AMCAS through Penn InTouch. The email address you will list for AMCAS is email@example.com and in the Name field you can list AMCAS.
Paper transcripts are currently being processed under a modified schedule. Processing time will take approximately 5-10 business days plus the time for delivery depending on which option you choose. You may continue to request electronic transcripts via Penn InTouch.
A transcript is a representation of a student’s academic record while at the University of Pennsylvania. You may need a transcript to apply for graduate school or for employment purposes. Be sure to confirm with whoever is requesting your transcript whether you need an official transcript or if an unofficial transcript will suffice. Penn encourages you to request electronic transcripts whenever possible for the most efficient service, as long as such a transcript is acceptable for your purposes.
The Office of the University Registrar can generate official transcripts for a small fee upon request, and most students and alumni from the Class of 1988 onward can view unofficial transcripts for free at any time on Penn InTouch.
Below you’ll find transcript request instructions for specific student and alumni populations.