Update Your Student Data

Address Change

The Student Records System (SRS) records the following address and telephone information: 

Permanent Address Required for all students. Please visit Penn InTouch to update expired information. 
Local Address The address to be used when classes are in session. For students living in College Houses, this is updated automatically by College Houses & Academic Services. 
Temporary Address The address to be used over summer break or when a student is studying at another institution.  
Emergency Contact Address Contact information to be used in the event of an emergency involving the student. 
Parent 1 Address Address of the student’s parent or guardian.
Parent 2 Address Address of the student’s second parent or guardian.

Students may update any of the addresses and telephone information for each of the address categories listed above using the Addresses link on Penn InTouch

Email Address Change

Students may update their preferred email address by editing their profile on Penn Directory. Through Penn Directory, students can also control which contact information is made available to other members of the Penn community.  

Name, Social Security Number, and Marital Status Changes 

Students may update their official name, Social Security Number, or marital status in person at the Office of the University Registrar or by mail. 

In Person Bring your PennCard or other photo ID
Mail Send a letter with your signature and date and a copy of the official government document(s) applicable to the change you are requesting.
Name Changes Court affidavit approving name change or two forms of ID with the new name such as state-issued Driver’s License or ID card, SSN card, etc. 
SSN Bring your Social Security Card. 
Marital Status Change Bring your marriage license or divorce decree. If you are changing your name after a divorce, the divorce decree should indicate a change of name approval included as part of the decree.