Student Record System (SRS)
SRFS Sidebar Menu
SRFS Below Traversable
The Student Record System (SRS) is a university mainframe application used by faculty and staff to manage academic records and courses.
Requesting Access to SRS
For security reasons, users are not permitted to share accounts – you must have an account of your own. Violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your access to SRS. Please note SRS maintains an audit trail of all transactions entered into the SRS screens. Security in SRS is based on what you need to know to do your job. If you think you need to view and/or update screens you have not been given access to, talk to your supervisor or Task Force Representative.
Requesting SRS access is a two-part process. First, you will need to obtain a user account so that you can log into the university mainframe. Second, you will request the ability to use the SRS application on the university mainframe.
To request access to SRS, please follow these steps:
- Complete part one of the mainframe user ID request to request a mainframe user ID.
- Forward the form to your supervisor or business administrator to complete parts two through five. Your supervisor or business administrator will submit the completed mainframe user ID request form here by selecting the "Administrative Mainframe Request" button under the "Accounts, Access & Security" section. An ISC rep will reach out to you via email and/or SecureShare with your mainframe user ID.
- Self-assign and complete the following courses in Knowledge Link. Note: you can search for these courses by Course ID or title in the “Find Learning” search box on your Knowledge Link “My Learning” page.
- UP.91047.ITEM.PRIVSEC: Information Privacy and Security at Penn - UNIV
- UP.87024.CURR.FERPA002: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - Annual Overview
- UP.87024.ITEM.SRS001: Introduction to the Student Registration System (SRS)
- After receiving your mainframe user ID from ISC and completing the KnowledgeLink trainings listed above, complete the SRS Security Request. After you have filled out the requestor part of the SRS Security Request form and initialed each page of the confidentiality agreement, forward the form to the person (Task Force Representative) in your department and/or school responsible for authorizing SRS. Check with your supervisor if you have questions about this.
- The Task Force Representative will designate the screens to which you should have access and the signed forms should be forwarded to Christy Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org. After your SRS security access has been implemented, you can view your security status and the screens you have access to on screen 40 and 41. All screens are inaccessible until you complete the prerequisite SRS training.
If you require password assistance between 8am and 4pm during the business week, please contact Angela Henry (8-5031). Once your identity is verified, you will receive your temporary password via SecureShare.
If you require password assistance outside of regular working hours, please contact our Operations partner, Blue Hill Data Services, at 1-845-627-8450.
For help with: