Prospective International Students

2022-2023 Financial Aid Application Checklist

In order to be considered for Penn need-based financial aid, you must apply for financial aid at the same time you apply for admission. International students cannot apply for financial aid after being admitted. 

If your parents live and work in the U.S., follow the application instructions for U.S. citizens, with the exception of filing a FAFSA. 

Early Decision November 2, 2021
Regular Decision January 11, 2022
Transfer April 12, 2022

Follow these deadlines to receive your financial eligibility at the same time as your admissions decision.

CSS Profile

Submit the CSS Profile online to the College Board. The 2022-2023 CSS Profile is available beginning October 1, 2021. 

Penn’s CSS code is 2933.

Note: If your parents are divorced or separated, your non-custodial parent MUST submit the online Non-Custodial Profile and Tax Returns.  

If you are unable to file an online CSS Profile, please contact Student Financial Services as soon as possible. 

Penn Financial Aid Supplement (PFAS)

Submit the PFAS online. Log in access to the PFAS will be available after you receive your Penn Applicant Portal access from Admissions. 

If you receive an error message, or if you are unable to submit an online PFAS, please download a paper Penn Financial Aid Supplement.

Tax Return/Income Statement (Required)

If your parents file a tax return in their country of residence, both the original and a translated copy of the return (if not in English) should be uploaded after you submit the PFAS. If your parents don’t file an income tax document, submit a wage statement, pay slip, or letter from their employer(s) on company letterhead stating their annual income.

How to Submit Documents to SRFS

Please send your tax returns directly to SFS, as Penn does not participate in CSS/IDOC Services.

To ensure the privacy of your information, please do not submit documents via email. 

Online Submission (Preferred) Document Submission Portal
Fax 215-573-5428
Mail Student Financial Services
University of Pennsylvania
Franklin Building, Room 005
3451 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6270

Note: Don't file taxes? You still need to submit a Non-Tax Filer Form confirming your non-filer status or your application will remain incomplete.